Music Together Happy Hearts is offering Rhythms Kids® by Music Together® for ages 4 through 8 years old. This comprehensive, experience-led music program helps children develop their rhythm skills and develop a deeper level of musical understanding, preparing them for formal music instruction. Students will sing, play djembe drums and other instruments, dance, and engage in creative movement as they journey towards applied music competence. Students will be introduced to basic music terminology, play musical games, and be given a sense of agency as they work towards learning applied music competence. Music Together Happy Hearts is licensed by Music Together LLC — www.musictogether.com
The program includes:
- Learning drumming patterns through playful animal-themed rhythmic chants
- Experiencing and improvising with new repertoire using a range of percussion instruments
- Ensemble and solo singing and drumming
- Playing dynamic group and partner music and drumming games
- Engaging in group movement activities and folk dances
- Creating imaginative movements, improvising patterns, and sharing ideas with the group
- Learning to take charge and lead others (like a conductor) as well as listen respectfully and follow peers/teacher when it is their turn to lead
Your tuition includes:
- Weekly 50-minute classes for the duration of the semester.
- One (1) CD each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, “play-alongs,” tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Digital Download Code to access the songs via the “Hello Everybody” app
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs