Music Makers helps your child establish a solid music foundation – tuning his voice, developing his aural skills, promoting control of gross and fine motor movements – all in the context of a variety of natural habitats. By accompanying the children as they progress through the curriculum, your child will cultivate their musical skills as they experience an ever-increasing repertoire of songs, stories, and poetry. Your child’s music instruction will not only establish their foundation for music learning through singing and moving, but it will also expand his listening capabilities by introducing the sound of orchestral instruments, both in solo and in the context of an ensemble, build self-discipline and social skills through ensemble development, and promote independence and interdependence through dance – skills that impact all areas of academic learning.
Music Makers enhances many aspects of your child’s development:
• Learning to control impulses, listen, and follow directions.
• Sharing and taking turns.
• Experiencing the enjoyment of practicing.
• Using their imagination.
• Composing, improvising, and teamwork (ensemble).
• Participating in group music-making.
• Understanding music notation.
Supplies: Materials for Music Makers ($39.95) are optional but strongly encouraged. High-quality recordings will continue your child’s experience at home. Parents are encouraged to let the music play on, even after class!
Your Family Materials include:
- Full-color nature posters or maps.
- Exclusive Musikgarten recordings.
- Notation games that you and your child can play together.
- Fun-filled family activity books and song pages.